1 day Mekong Delta by Motorcycle (220kms)
Tiền Giang – (approx. 220kms)
This is not the typical Mekong Delta tour. In this tour you will drive through villages and farms, witnessing first hand the features and environment of the farmer’s life. We will ride across 2 provinces of the Mekong Delta, exploring multiple backroads and a few offroad sections allowing us to see typical sights of th Mekong.
The Mekong Delta is a system of rivers crossing the southwestern tip of Vietnam. It is called the rice basket of Indochina because of its fertility and capacity to grow enough crops and paddy fields to feed the nation. In this tour we will take several bridges and ferries as roads by land are not sufficient to cover the territory.
- Experience Vietnamese culture in the Mekong Delta
- Drive on a mixture of road and small back lanes
- Off the tourist trail and into unique areas of the Mekong
- Delicious local foods (mainly seafood)
We will eat the local food which is unavailable in other regions of the country.
The food served will be typical dishes of the Mekong such as salty river fish grilled with local spices, vegetable and pork rolls with fish sauce, diversified vegetables and of course fruit platters varying depending on the season.
*Vegetarian food will need to be pre-booked. However, neither vegan nor
gluten-free options are possible.
Who this tour is for
This 1 day Mekong Delta by Motorcycle tour is for people wanting to experience the diversity of river-life, agricultural sights and nature of the Mekong Delta. This is a big day of driving covering around 220kms of ground. We will be leaving early and returning in late afternoon. By the end of this day you can safely tick that box of having experienced the Mekong Delta. You did more than just experience it, you hammered your way through it!
To truly experience the Mekong Delta and the fascinating culture it provides we recommend the Mekong delta motorbike Adventure with three or four days, also available with Tigit Motorbikes.
Tiền Giang Province
Distance: ~220kms – This is a big drive and we will be leaving early morning and returning late afternoon.
- We depart from Tigit Motorbikes before 7.30am.
- We exit the city southbound crossing a few bridges that will evidently take us deeper and deeper into the systems of rivers that is the Mekong Delta.
- There will be a mix of backroads, some mild offroad and also some optional technical offroad for those feeling more adventurous.
- We will see rice paddy fields, dragon fruit fields, lemongrass fields, several roads covered by coconout trees and many rivers and streams.
- A whole section of the itinerary goes through a maze of shrimpfarms which impress most guests.
- We eat lunch in a small city that serves mainly traditional Mekong seafood, all organic and very fresh. You will not be disappointed!
- After lunch we head back to Ho Chi Minh City either by some gravel roads allowing us to see more fields in a different afternoon light color.
- If the energy levels are still high, then we can head back via a literal sea of dragon fruits!
- We should be back at Tigit Motorbikes at around 5pm, giving you the time to relax for the evening after a successful 220kms ride.
- Prices are in United States Dollars
- This is an all-inclusive tour, excluding damage waiver
- The standard bike for the tour is the Honda XR 150
|Price per person on Honda XR 150||150 USD|
|Price per person on HondaCRF 150||165 USD|
|Price per person on HondaCRF 250||175 USD|
|Price per person on Honda CB500X||250 USD|
- Motorbike rental
- Motorbike Gas/petrol
- English/French/Vietnamese/Spanish Speaking Guide
- All meals, water and soft drinks
- Health insurance
- Motorbike damage
- Personal expenses
The Extra Mile Adventure
Tigit is partnered with The Extra Mile Adventure for use of multi lingual and experienced guides.
Fascinated by local culture and cuisine, Renzo is one of few expats to master the difficult Vietnamese language. Renzo is able to translate and display traditional Vietnam with his language skills and passion for food which will take travelers to places that are undiscovered and unique.
Also fluent in French, Spanish, English and a touch of Malay, Indonesian and Japanese, Renzo is the guide for the job for answering all those fascinating unanswered questions about different cultures.
Culture and language skills aside, Renzo runs The Extra Mile Premium Bike Rental service in Ho Chi Minh City. This has lead to an interest in providing motorbike related guided tours which dive deep into the countryside and stay distant from the standard tourist trails.
Renzo and his team will be the guides for your adventure.