From Tigit Jon’s perspective –
I am going to have to throw in one location and one activity. These are controversial choices! Keep in mind, I have lived here for 9+ years and I am definitely a “cynical Expat”.
- Mui Ne beach is mostly eroded away unless paying a premium for resorts with private beaches. Even so, I don’t consider this perfect coastline.
- It is a small location that focuses on kite surfing, the other tours there are mostly gimmicky.
The Hai Van Pass:
- Short (only 3 hours of actual driving)
- The views are great, but nothing compared to other beautiful vistas Vietnam offers.
- The alternate route is one of the best in the country, yet everyone is on the Hai Van Pass.
- Full of cheap throw away and dangerous scooters run by backstreet cowboy rental companies.
- Full of backpackers that can’t drive and shouldn’t be on the road.
- The notoriety of this route minimizes what Vietnam actually offers to an adventure seeker.
- The Hai Van Pass is not the pinnacle of Vietnam and so the acclaimed fame of this road is not beneficial to the industry.