Border crossing by Motorbike

Update post covid

From November 20th 2022 we no longer accept border crossing bookings for rentals.

To make this trip possible, travelers can inquire about purchasing a Honda XR 150 for $2000 at 40,000km and a Honda Blade 110cc for $800 at 40,000km.

We will buy back the motorbike for the sale value “less” what the rent would have been.

Tigit provides a 1 month warranty or 1,000km. Keep in mind that it is very hard for us to help you if you go outside of Vietnam.

About crossing borders

Crossing borders into Laos and Cambodia is possible. We believe Thailand and beyond are no longer possible. To cross borders, the client requires the blue card (ownership papers). The ownership document may be in a different office to the motorbike, Tigit must prepare transporting papers to the pickup location in advance to the clients pickup date.
It is not possible to cross borders on motorbikes above 150cc from TigitMotorbikes.

What borders are possible?
For a full article on everything we know, please read crossing borders. Please note, Tigit has no resources, contacts or translating abilities in countries outside of Vietnam.

    • Cambodia and Vietnam – Any international border is possible
    • Laos and Vietnam – It’s really tricky these days and Na Meo is no longer possible. A visa must be prepared in advance. It is possible to cross back into Vietnam through any international border. The limitation is Vietnam to Laos.
    • Laos and Cambodia – History and many online blogs suggest that it is not possible, however, Tigit has had plenty of clients successfully cross these borders.

For a full description, please read crossing borders with a motorbike.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(your message will only be visible after moderation)