From Tigit Jon’s perspective –
There are so many great places in Vietnam. It is a place to come back over and over again. In reality, as a young family man, I am stuck in the house. I have not even touched the surface of this great country!
If I had to choose one spot:
DALAT would be it.
Dalat does appear to be a love/hate city. I fall firmly on the love side, and here is why.
- I can escape the roasting heat of Saigon for a few days.
- A city with all the restaurants in the world, but it takes 5 minutes to escape into the beautiful countryside.
- Stunning scenery all around, from the French architecture to the farmland and hills.
- Canyoning tours, coffee tours, hiking tours, gardens, greenery, flowers. Dalat has lots to do!
- The waterfalls are amazing. From touristy, to run down and broken, to stampedes of flowing water.
- The people are quiet in relation to the rest of Vietnam.
- I don’t often share this with new arrivals to Vietnam but Dalat has some of the best off-road motorbiking in the world!