A simple and easy starter tour that gets you on a motorbike in a stress free environment where time is not of importance. The guide chosen for this tour is a gentleman and he is there to answer all your questions about Vietnam from the motorbikes to the culture.
The tour takes you on a daytrip to see the beautiful and authentic Vietnamese scenery outside the main city to enjoy the flourishing mangrove jungle & the monkeys that live in it. The tour stop to visit the seafood market, and has a chance for relaxing on the beach.
- Experience the beautiful and authentic Vietnamese scenery outside of the main city
- Brush up on your riding skills in a controlled environment
- An enjoyable day of easy riding
- See the flourishing mangrove jungle and interact with the monkeys, crocodiles, and hike to commando’s camp
- Visit an authentic Vietnamese seafood market
- Relax at the beach
- A refreshing dip at a resort swimming pool
- Photo opportunities of the days excitement
Who this tour is for
- Anyone new to the world of motorbike riding and wants to expand their skills with the safety and the experience of a local guide.
- Those of you headed out on a big adventure for a few weeks & wants some insider culture tips before off.
- Those just wanting a chilled out escape from the big city.
The day is designed to be leisurely and exciting, we know that traffic in Vietnam can take a bit of getting used to and that sometimes all of the sights and sounds of the big city can be a lot to take on for a first time rider and visitor to Vietnam. Here we can guide you to some of the most interesting spots just outside HCMC and help you build your confidence for more adventurous trips, and to just settle into life in Vietnam. Don’t worry about taking a spill either, this tour includes our Tigit damage waiver.
We set off from Tigits main office just outside the city center in the morning then make our way out towards Monkey Island crossing some of Saigons’ incredible bridges, enjoying the relaxing scenery, and the open road in the middle of the mangrove jungle. Along the way, we’ll see oyster farming, birdnest houses used for farming the main ingredient of the infamous soup of the same name, and water coconut. Then we stop for a couple of hours to explore the island, feed the monkeys & crocodiles, and hike to Commando Camp. Does this sound like the plan?
Next, we hop on the bikes and head over to an authentic Vietnamese seafood market. This stop makes for some interesting photo opportunities & a chance to try things like snail & squid. After, we take a short ride to Phuong Nam Resort, Can Gio for a bit of time to eat, relax on the beach, lounge in the pool chairs, and take a swim. They have Wifi here if you can’t wait to upload some of the days’ adventures!
During the day we will cross the river systems that surround Saigon. We’ll get a chance to ride on some of the incredible bridges around the city and experience the ferry service that fills in the gaps where bridges haven’t yet.
From here we ride back enjoying the sites and sounds outside of Saigon before ending back at Tigit’s main offices at the end of the day. It’s a full day of fun and we usually return between 5-6pm.
- Meet at Tigit Motorbikes
- Preparation of your motorcycle gear and motorbike
- Average riding speed of 30km/h (normal Vietnam city speeds)
During The Day
- (1.5hrs) Ride 50km south of Saigon to Monkey Island in Rung Sac, Can Gio. Light traffic, crossing a number of the incredible bridges that surround Saigon & some interesting ferry rides.
- (2hrs) Explore Monkey Island: Monkey/Crocodile feeding, trek to Commando Camp, optional speedboat ride for a fee
- (45mins) Visit the Seafood Market and try some local seafood
- (2hrs) Phuong Nam Resort Can Gio: Lunch, beach chairs, pools, relax and wifi
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- (1.5hrs) Ride 50kms back to Tigit HCM
- Drop off motorbikes and let us take care of the dirty work
- Prices are in USD
- This is an all-inclusive tour
- the standard bike for the tour is the Honda CRF 150 equipped for offroad use.
|2 pax (minimum)||$130 / person|
- Motorbike and petrol and damage waiver
- English Speaking Guide
- Lunch, water and soft drinks on tour
- Seafood market shopping
- Boat ride at the Monkey Island
Freelance tour guide with a mountain of experience operating commercial bus routes. However, a passion for motorbikes, has lead him to creating his own bespoke tours on the motorbike where he hopes to help new arrivals settle into Vietnam.