No Breakdown Guarantee
Tigit will not sell or rent any motorbike that we think won’t make it between Hanoi and HCM without a breakdown.
Tigit Motorbikes has a guarantee to refund any maintenance costs occurred throughout the journey. (this excludes oil changes and flat tires).
For more details please read the contracts on the relevant motorbike model pages. Each model has a contract which covers and explains our guarantees.
To use this Guarantee
- Customer must change the oil after 1000km (usually in Danang) and provide evidence of a receipt or photo of the motorbike having an oil change.
- Customer must use official Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki stores and phone us before any maintenance work is done. We must understand the situation and be given the opportunity to speak with the mechanic before any work is done.
What we do not cover
- Crashes – this is the customers responsibility
- Flat tires/replacing tires – We are experienced in judging the age of a tire and we do replace old tires that we feel are not fit for another journey. If a customer points out that a tire is not suitable we will gladly replace it before the motorbike begins a journey.
- We do not cover customers listening to random Vietnamese people claiming everything on the motorbike is broken. This is a common scam and customers must be smart enough to ignore it.
- Crashes are subjective – we try and judge this on what we feel a future customer can potentially complain about. We try and take a relaxed approach to crashes – and if a customer does not trust our report then we are happy to use 3rd party Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki receipts.
- The buyback guarantee remains, and we will always buyback a Tigit Motorbike. The crash report is deducted from the “refundable deposit”.
- Prices – On most models each peace of bodywork is worth around $10. No customer driving a locally supported motorbike has experienced a crash greater than $250 of damage. Motorbikes are always fixable in Vietnam.
Tigit purposely chooses motorbike models with plastic exteriors to keep replacement costs to a minimum when mistakes are made. Customers are often happily surprised when receiving a damage quote from the manufacturer. Do not fear!